vespa vespino rally

Can anyone help rare any info greatful

1091138575_june_28_028.jpg

Re: vespa vespino rally

Bruce Wilkinson /

this scooter is spanish not Italian

Actually, I think that website is in Spanish.

Cool looking bike!!

Bruce Wilkinson /

Good eye, I didn't look that close, just assumed it was Italian. I guess this moped is not made by Vespa. bruce

Well it says Vespa on the side, maybe it's an export bike for spain or something...

But if you look at the belt cover, it has Vespa in raised letters. The transmission system does seem very Vespa-ish (looks fairly similar to the Bravo and Grande variable belt drive, but on the other side), and the frame is that weird bent-box tube frame like the Bravo has. So unless you know beyond a shadow of a doubt, my guess would be that it's a Vespa.

Didac Sergi Mart /

Maybe I can help you. In the fifties, Motovespa factory was founded in Spain to make Vespas. Capital was most spanish but wiht a Piaggio participation. As years passed, Piaggio participation rised, also they wanted to make not only Vespas (remember Vespa as a brand was an invention for rare export markets...like the USA; in the rest of the world Vespa was a modelrange and the Brand was Piaggio) so they designed a little moped named...VESPINO (in italian: little Vespa). In fact, I think Piaggio sold its 50cc Vespa in Italy as Vespino, but as the Vespa 50 per law was not a moped in Spain at thta time, it was a fracase, so the Vespa 50 was substituted by the Vespa 75 and the name "vespino" was left free for use in the new moped. So Motovespa made Vespas and vespinos until Piaggio decided to stop Vespa fabrication in Spain in the 90s. Motovespa continued to made the vespinos in diffreent variations, until the factory closed few years ago, just when Piaggio bought major participation in Derbi, that was making the VAriant, the great enemy of the vespino since the 70s, and a fastest and more estable bike...

So, that's the story of the Vespino. Greetings:

Didac

Vimy Ridgeway /

Nice job. do you use a translator from Spanish to English or is your English that good?

Didac Sergi Mart /

Thanks!

I don't use a translator, they're cute at least; their translations use to be only suitable for laughing.

Greetings:

Didac

Hi Paul

I don't really have any information for you accept to say that I used to own a Vespino Rally back in 1977.

My mother and father got it for my 16th birthday but I sold it pretty soon, as it just wouldn't keep up with any of the mopeds my friends had, ever a Puch Maxi. I now own a Gilera VXR180 Runner and a Honda CB600F Hornet but would still love to get hold of an old sports moped again.

Good luck in you quest.

Hoonerman

From the various postings it seems as if you will have to devlope a parts source in Spain

I might be able to get a Motovespa and might need a piston and a piston rings, so if anyone has any or know where i can buy any , let me know.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account