What fuel mixture do I need for an old Garelli?

Nick Reynolds /

My older brother is to getting me an old Garelli and I don't know what the fuel mixture would be? All I know is that it is about 10-20 years and it is a small dirt bike. I am sure it is a 2 stroke because its like a 50-100cc. (did Garelli make 4 strokes? I'm only 13 so I'm kinda new to motorcycles and this stuff.)

Thanks.

Re: What fuel mixture do I need for an old Garell

If it is a moped... then mix 3oz of 2 stroke oil to 1 gallon of gas (43 to 1)

If it is a dirtbike... then mix 4oz of 2 stroke oil to 1 gallon of gas (32 to 1)

for more general info

click on 'resources' above, then 'articles', then "How to fix your Moped"

yea, i have a 1978 garelli rally sport moped, and i mix 44:1 with my ratio-rite. It runs great on that mixture.

-dimitris

Nick Reynolds /

Thanks.

Re: survival kit

thanks, i was looking for a mesothelioma lawyer.

Re: survival kit

Thats funny because I was looking for chrisian song lyric.

If you did not get an owner's manual with the bike do the following:

First: Look all over the bike to find the maker' nameplate.

Then: do an internet search to find the owner's manual. When you get it read it and understand it. Also go to your local library and read up on two-stroke engine theory.

Could you post a photo of the bike so we could tell what model it is? Also, go to the photo section of this site and see if there is a photo of a bike that looks like yours.

Does it have pedals like a bicycle? If so, it is a moped. If not it is a motorcycle.

Stat off the public roads until you are of a legal age to ride it. You do not want to get stopped by the police and get your unit impounded.

Have fun!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account