Honda spree won't start

Todd MacNeil /

I have a Honda spree and it won't start.

It has good spark but won't catch.

Please help!

Thanks

Todd MacNeil

Re: Honda spree won't start

click on 'resources' above

then 'articles'

then "How to fix your Moped"

You need fuel, compression, and spark. Re-mix your fuel. check tank for rust, check your carb. Clean the jets. Use some high pressure on it if you have to, and make sure your plug is set to an eighth of an inch. Thats like the width of a nickel or so. Umm try that out....

Ron Brown /

Ben,

Last time I checked, an eighth of an inch was .125" (one hundred and twenty five thousandths of an inch). Is this a metric 1/8 or what??

For Todd, check the spec. Probably around 25 thousanths, before you gap the plug.

Ron

What Ben said, and also check your spark plug. If dry, no fuel getting to it, check the vacuum on your fuel valve(if unsure how to, ask.) If wet, MAYBE too much fuel, possibly same cause.

Hey,Ron,good catch on that spark plug gap thing.It's hard to tell how many people you just might have prevented from having performance probs.,if it would have started at all.I was setting the new plug for my Franco -Morini the other day and .024" just doesn't seem like much at all.I think I know what Ben meant.We think of a nickel and 1/8" as being really thin.

MacNeil Jaehnert /

Hey, I own a 1986 spree and i had the same problem (i think). i took a scientific beaker cleaner with all the bristles and i shoved it down the engine, swirled it around and it was roaring in minutes.

Ron Brown /

You have got to patent this thing!

My Spree runs for about five seconds and then kills. After I kick it 5-10 times it runs again for five seconds, then dies again. What's wrong?

Are you sure the choke is operating?You know if you try to start a bike with a manual choke,and you don't choke it,it will sometimes barely run for a few seconds and then die.Other than that,I'd say you have a totally plugged carburetor.You should ask this in a new topic.This thread is kinda' old.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account