Kymco ZX50 and Cobra 50

Mark Sacco /

Folks, I have both a Kymco Cobra (2001) and a Kymco ZX50 (2001). These are great bikes and I know that they are 'limited' - either elecronically or mechanically - to a max speed of about 30mph.

Because I have some mechanical ability and I know something about bikes (I've got a Yamaha FZR 600, a Can Am 250, a Honda 750), I can tell that the Kymcos are just itching to go faster.

Does anyone know if there are rev limiters on the Kymcos?

If so, where are they and how can I disable them?

Thanks for all your help!

Mark

Re: Kymco ZX50 and Cobra 50

Wayne Broderick /

Mark,

I don't think the scooters are 'limited'. I was passed uphill by a girl doubling on her kymko. she would have been going at least 35+ it was a 50cc

I haven't seen a lot of Scooter advice here-- I know someonemay know, but perhaps a scooter webring would be more help?

I like those Kymco's. Nice style. If I wanted a scooter, I'd look at those first.

Wayne, do you know of a scooer web-ring? (Its address?) Is there a "scooter-army" like site that you know oi?

TIA

Mark

Wayne Broderick /

I don't, right off hand. I would go to Mamma.com and ask it to search "scooter webring" to see what comes up.

Wait a day or so, cause I know some forum regulars will know more about "Scooters on the Web" and resources.

Maybe try

www.moped2.org

see about scooter links from that site

-Wayne

mike hartel /

i can tel you that the zx uses a honda elite moter and my 200 honda elite only went 28to30 tops. it is restited by a plate on the back of the front pully under the drive cover pull the front pully and remove it and place the pully and all back on.

The Cobra is restricted to 30 mph. If you live in a state that does not have a moped speed limit, you can change the clutch boss and unhook the rev limiter to get a top speed of 50 mph. I took this off of scooterthearpy. Also my girlfriends dad just got a couple of those and I took one out and they really move if you do this. I was going 45 easy.

Scooter Army

J. Sailor /

You should start a Scooter Army

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account