Batavus flywheel

Does anyone know where I can get a flywheel puller for a Batavus in the Toronto area for a decent price? The only one I could find was off a web site in the States and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $70 US(!!!!)) for one. That's close to $110 CDN!! That's 5 times what I paid for the entire bike to begin with.

Richard

Re: Batavus flywheel

I couldn't find a flywheel puller for a Peugeot so I used a two arm bearing puller I bought from Sears and it worked great. You may have to grind the ends down a little to get it to fit but it'll work, mind you these are high quality pullers and they aren't cheap either.

Hey There, I bought one for a Tomos for $24 at Scootertherapy.com but took a month to get it, may be worth a call. Doug D.

Try mopedwarehouse.com. I bought one for my puch maxi there for $17.50 with shipping.

Jason

just go to a hardware or auto parts store and get a gear puller-worked on my Bat.it had like three arms and a bolt in the middle-like 10 bucks

Thats the last thing you should do. I had to replace the flywheel on my first moped because the shop I took it to used one of those pullers and messed up the flywheel. The puller i got threads into the hole in the middle of the flywheel and has a bolt thorugh the middle to pull it off easily. Also this puller has worked on o some of my friends mopeds too. tomos,and a sachs.

Jason

Miniengine /

Richard,

If you want to make one yourself here are some specs. for you. The thead in the flywheel is a 26mm - 1.5mm thead pitch. I took 1.250 inch hex stock and turned .500 inches of the end down to 25.80mm and cut 1.5mm threads. (This is an off standard metric bolt size so finding an off the self bolt will be next to impossible.) Cut the part to 1.5 inches in length. I then drilled and tapped the center in the lathe for a 1/2 -13 bolt. If hex stock isn't available then round stock can be substituted with flats milled on the side to fit a wrench. A local machine shop should be able to make this for you at a reasonable price.

Brian

Lamborn's Miniature Engines

http://www.geocities.com/miniengine

Cool,

Thanks. I've looked all over the place for a Batuvus specific part. I don't want to use one that "should do it". With all the problems I've had with the clutch, the last thing I need is to bugger up the flywheel. I think I'll take the advise Brian, and get one made.

Richard

BTW Brian...any new update on the Bat prjects for your web site??? hint hint

Web site updates delayed

Miniengine /

Richard,

If it isn't one thing it's another. I've got plenty of stuff to upload to the web site, both in engine shows and moped "How To's", but now I'm having problems with the upload. Over the last two years GeoCities has been a stable, free place to raise my web site and that won't change any time soon because of the massive link base that's been established. The problem is that the site has out grown the 15M free limit of GeoCities some time ago and I've been adding to the site by using another free web site server. First this second site was Xoom, then Xoom merged with NBCi and I had to update the web page links to allow it to run smoothly. Now NBCi is trying to force everyone to Homestead which has a subscription fee. Oh you can still see the pages I have posted at NBCi, but they changed it to a read only server to screw people from adding to their site.

I'm looking for a nice stable free web site server to upload half of my web site too. I'm looking into AngelFire, but if anyone knows of any other server sites please let me know.

So to answer your question Richard, the material and pages have been written, it's only a matter of time of how fast I can get another web site account started and uploaded.

Brian

Lamborn's Miniature Engines

http://www.geocities.com/miniengine

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account