Avanti Autopower & Mont questions

Jessie S. Band /

Does anyone have any comments on the Avanti Autopower or Mont? Are these bikes built well? Are they two-seaters (if so, do they run well with two people on them)? Is it difficult to get parts?....etc.

Re: Avanti Autopower & Mont questions

I'm very happy with my 2000 Autopower. It isn't a tire burner off the line, but it gets to 38 - 40 pretty quick, rides and handles like a small motorcycle. That's nice because that's what New York State says it is.

I got mine from Steve's Mopeds in NJ and they have been very good about parts.

In my opinion it's a very well built machine, a little heavy for a moped, but all steel construction with no plastic except for the headlight cowl, which I left off anyway.

I've never tried 2 up, it's illegal here anyway, but if the two of you aren't heavywieghts it should work. Mine came with rear pegs and a big enough seat. Ken

I've had my Avanti Supersport for about a month now...Have already logged 1000KM...Really love it...No problems whatsoever (knock on wood)...Well I did replace the light bulb in the speedo...that's it...

I modified the chome loop on the rear so that it is straight (horizontal) with the seat and added a really nice locking rear box. I got someone (who's name shall remain anonymous)...To give me a GENUINE GARELLI Decal (The BIG G) for the rear of the box...Looks great...Mine Supersport is red...It goes about 35MPH on the flat...

I'm really happy I chose the Supersport...I'm 5'9 and weigh 190lbs so the Tiny Tomos LX was out of the question (I felt like a Giant on it)...The Supersport feels great...

I've had my autopower 2000 for awhile now and have been quite satisfied with the results. Its been the fastest moped around and when passing friends I can leave them in the dust. As far as two people riding, it works pretty well, you can still go about 30 on flat ground, and its comfortable. I ride double all the time and its really easy to pick up chicks. The acceleration seems to be lacking a little bit especially with two people. The only time you should have trouble with it though is when you are stopped, faceing uphill, you'll NEED to peddle.

Jessie S. Band /

Thanks for your help!

I have another question:

I know some mopeds can't be pedalled without the engine on. Can the autopower be pedalled (like a bike) if something happens (like running out of gas, etc.)?

you can peddle it without the engine running or without the key. and for security you can lock the front wheel thingie. the peddles are geared really high and the autopower is really heavy, so peddleing it for a few blocks can get really tireing and you don't go very fast. but there is a reserve tank dealy and it gets really good gas mileage so after you run out the first time and peddle it home, you wont make the same mistake again.

Jessie S. Band /

Thanks! It's good to know that it can be pedalled (even if it's a pain when it happens). I have an old Honda pc50 (obviously I want to upgrade!!) , and when I first got it I made the mistake of running out of gas - what a tiring ride home (the high gear thing!). The worst is when the spark plug goes....

Thanks again!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account