Peugeot 103: better acceleration?

<HTML>Hi, I have a 1980 Peugeot 103 that generally runs OK but doesn't get very good acceleration. I recently had work done on it to fix an "arcing" problem, if that means anything. I'm not all that mechanically inclined, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Hate looking like a fool putt-putting along once the light changes...

Also, I've seen some people selling my moped saying that it's one of the faster models around. One ad said it could reach 75mph (w/ a 49cc? OK...). Mine only hovers around the 30mph range. Is this a problem? Of course I'd like to make it go faster if possible. Thanks for any help.

-Colin</HTML>

RE: Peugeot 103: better acceleration?

<HTML>I used to have a Peugeot 103, and it ran great for quite awhile. I got it to around 30-35 mph. The acceleration never was that good, now that you mention it. They are very hard to work on. Acceleration, that could be a number of things. But as for speed, you have to find the governor and disable it to get the maximum speed out of a Peugeot. However, they will go fast.</HTML>

<HTML>colin

please buy a motorcycle. its cheaper

and easier than trying to make a moped

go faster. </HTML>

<HTML>Putting racing stripes down the moped will increase the speed alittle bit, try this.</HTML>

<HTML>After applying the stripes on your moped. Try putting some on your helmet.</HTML>

<HTML>after applying the racing stripes on your bike and helmet, try wearing a Harley davidson Leather Jacket to make you look tough and then you will THINK you are going faster.</HTML>

<HTML>After doing all this try putting in the little leather streamers in the end of the handle bar this will make it look like to others that your moped is wicked fast. </HTML>

<HTML>put little dice as your tire caps this will balance out your tire and help it go faster.</HTML>

<HTML>Next you can saw of the muffler for your exhaust and this will make it loud like a Harley`s. This will make you think that you have a huge engine.</HTML>

<HTML>At last, you can make your moped remote control, this will take the extra weight off and will let the moped cruise.</HTML>

<HTML>At last, you can make your moped remote control, this will take the extra weight off and will let the moped cruise.</HTML>

<HTML>Moped parts - service manuals - service tips available from http://sportsbay.com.Puch-Motobecane-Sachs-Garelli-Honda and more</HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account