show peds/trailer queens

I am sorry if this posts more than once, the post is not working.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has taken and shown their classic ped at a car/exc. show. If so what was the response of the general public? What category were you entered in and what was the event? Did you win anything? It only seems logical that if we all spend so much time resurecting the lost "classics" to near or showroom new, that they should spend some time under the spotlight. I know there are those of you out there that are true restoration kings and I figure the world would be a better place with a few peds on a pedastal.

Bizmarc

Re: show peds/trailer queens

Reeperette /

I rolled up on a Motorcycle show once (to watch) and got an "Honorable Mention" (as a bystander no less!) for most unique form of transportation.

I had rolled up on a Tomos trike-mod, and a pretty atypical one in that the rear frame was cast iron and the rear axle system was offa something with a differential...with my leg in a thigh-high cast thrown up between the handlebars.

That was after my wreck and before they sawed it off, mind.

They thought that trike was completely wild, most had never seen a moped trike before.

-Ree

XBrandon EdgeX /

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=594545119&r=0&t=0

Here's one of those Tomos Bullet trikes on ebay. I've really gotta stay away from that site, I visit it almost as much as I visit this one. I don't know how many things I've bought out of fear I'd never see another one like it.

david f martin /

I'd ride that. That's a pretty cool looking bike.

Reeperette /

Imagine that with the rack mounted closer, a cast iron "grid" underneath the basket and a differential/brake drum under there - and in blue.

That's what I had...but I'd go $850 for that..if I had $850 !

The 45mph part is a lie, they'll do about 32mph stock, and the transmission pulled hills real nice.

-Ree

Got 3rd Place "Street Classic" with 1959 Motobecane some years ago.

Scott

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account