One hump or two ?

Fred /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Your description of "my top speed and full throttle are not the same thing" is an almost perfect description of a 'too big' main jet.

The main jet is supposed to be the controller of fuel at full throttle/top speed.

.. the needle is supposd to control 1/4 to 3/4 throttle

...the pilot is supposed to control idle to 1/4 throttle

First try a short test with NO air filter... speed go up?... plug not white?..

Then go to the Suzuki dealer and buy the next 2 or 3 sizes smaller main than what you already have.

Put the air filter back on...

Then set the needle clip back to its original position.

Then test the first size smaller main.. ('test' meaning both performance and plug color)

If the plug is not too white... try the next one smaller again.

Just watch the plug color!

Going white can mean a piston seizure!

(at least $100 US to fix... 70 pounds?.. and a week or two to wait for parts)

Note : Too much oil on a foam filter is a common mistake causing 'richness'... put the filter between absorbant paper and set a heavy book on it and let the excess oil get absorbed out over time.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  A camel through my main jet?Topic by: James A. Corbally James A. Corbally 08/18/01 09:41PM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: Brian S Brian S 08/19/01 08:51AM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 08/19/01 12:31PM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: Fred Fred 08/19/01 02:21PM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: James A. Corbally James A. Corbally 08/19/01 08:17PM
  One hump or two ?Re: Fred Fred 08/19/01 08:51PM
  Re: One hump or two ?Re: James Corbally James Corbally 08/19/01 09:45PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account