Re: A camel through my main jet?

James A. Corbally /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Glad you liked the title Brian, that's about as Biblical as I get! :)

Thanks for clearing up the "Europed" thing also, Fred.

I changed the plug over the weekend along with cleaning the air filters and changing the tranny oil (it was black and watery.-Eeuuww!). I had leaned the jet needle one notch, and sure enough the plug was a lighter tan than the one I'd removed a while back. It still looks healthy though, less carbon depositing also. The ceramic did have a small circular defect though, like a piece had broken away. The plug has the ceramic slightly further out, unlike the first one or the one I'm using now, so perhaps it's a matter of exposure.

The only problem I can see for a plug chop is that full throttle and top speed aren't the same thing on my machine. I can get it to its' top speed of around 75Kph(47mph) by using half throttle. I generally increase to just over half, the RPMs building up, then drop it a tad and it accelerates to its max speed. It will sometimes "stutter" at around half, but less so now that the needle is leaned. Opening the throttle full gains nothing in speed, unless it's on an incline or I've got a pillion. Then I can sometimes get a "surge" to top speed. With two people, this surge usually "stutters", pulling forward and back.

I know at what throttle position the main jet should be effecting it at, but I'm not certain if my higher speed is done on the needle or the main. It seems to be more in the needles' range, which coincides with the "leaner" plug.

All of which makes it bloody difficult to be certain of what's going on in there. Anyone got a VERY small camera? (Or should that be camel?)

:)

Regards,

James...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  A camel through my main jet?Topic by: James A. Corbally James A. Corbally 08/18/01 09:41PM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: Brian S Brian S 08/19/01 08:51AM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 08/19/01 12:31PM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: Fred Fred 08/19/01 02:21PM
  Re: A camel through my main jet?Re: James A. Corbally James A. Corbally 08/19/01 08:17PM
  One hump or two ?Re: Fred Fred 08/19/01 08:51PM
  Re: One hump or two ?Re: James Corbally James Corbally 08/19/01 09:45PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account