QT50 warms up, sputters, stalls, then floods

Hello again. I am sooooo close to getting this thing to reliably run. Now it appears that after it warms up, say 10 minutes of riding, it starts to sputter when you take off from a stop. It gets progressively worse until the engine stalls. It then will not restart and appears to be floded. Any Ideas? Previous to this I would assume that my main jet was plugged, but now after the last two times of dissassembly of the carburator and finding that the jets are not plugged, I am not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Robert

Re: QT50 warms up, sputters, stalls, then floods

I have never worked on a QT50.

But right now make sure the choke isn't sticking in the "on" position.

Even try to disable it so it CAN"T be in the "on" position.

Then try it.

If it doesn't get any better.... then try running it with the air filter removed as a test.

dont turn on the fuel before you ride. turn it to off.

Fred,

this QT50 has a manual choke that is turned off. I will check to see if the choke sticks, but I did make sure the cable was moving when the lever was moved while I had teh carburator apart.

The filter I have on there is one of the generic sheets of filter foam that I cut to shape of the old filter element. It does appear to be much thicker then the original. I will try running it with out the filter to see if that helps.

Thanks

Robert

I think your float is sticking I got one and that was the problem sith mine I had to get a new one cause mine was is such bad shape.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account