Re: Stereo Trouble

Wayne Broderick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

here's more info-- Thanks for the help!

Just to make sure I mentioned this; The stereo amp and air horn are powered by a seperate battery in the pannier bag, not hooked to the moped electrical system at all-- I did try grounding the amp to the moped but the interference got worse.

I haven't tried to build an aluminum box yet, tried foil, some success (at least a signal...) but not quality sound at all.

The moped needs to be about 4 feet away and the stereo will play fine, come in close and it crackles out.

What pisses me off is that the other amp (road gear brand name) was a 35$ Wal-Mart special, and it had no trouble, the new amp, same company same price range, new model is totally affected. I wish I'd saved the old one to look inside and see what was different.....Maybe I could have swapped parts.

I'm going out soon to get a new amp, but I don't know what to look for as far as shielding or features to prevent this. I tried an RCA ground-loop isolater, knew it wasn't going to help, and it didn't. I had to try, though.

Ree: I've got a Tomos Targa, 2000 model, with Bi-Turbo, no piston kit.

Jon: For real? 1000 watt amp on a moped? wow I am humbled-- would love to get some info on your setup, please! for example, where do you get the extra power?? I gotta know more!!

Richard: Will I need to build a box, or can I screen the EM/RF with a partial shield facing the engine?

How thick would the screen need to be? I was also told to use copper-- Tin foil was a big pain in the ass. I've got a bunch of photos of my moped here on the army site, so I'll clip one to one of the next posts.

Thanks again for all your help--!!!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Stereo TroubleTopic by: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/13/01 06:44PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/13/01 07:32PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 08/13/01 07:32PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/13/01 07:36PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: XBrandon EdgeX XBrandon EdgeX 08/13/01 10:41PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/13/01 11:10PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Jon Jon 08/13/01 11:59PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Richard Richard 08/14/01 09:14AM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/14/01 08:36PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Richard Richard 08/15/01 08:32AM
  Stereo Trouble (Plug)Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/15/01 11:29AM
  Stereo Trouble (Plug)Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/15/01 11:29AM
  Stereo Trouble (Plug) Success!Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/15/01 07:31PM
  Re: Stereo TroubleRe: Reeperette Reeperette 08/14/01 01:58PM
  Stereo (more info--)Re: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 08/14/01 08:42PM
  Re: Stereo Trouble the answerRe: dave h dave h 08/22/01 12:35PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account