Still drivin me batty.

Reeperette /

Well, I've finally fully isolated the problem as electrical, but it still doesn't make any sense...everything works, but no spark.

And just ran continuity checks on the whole harness and doublechecked tail light, ground, horn and killswitch for interrupts and shorts...nada, by all rights the damn thing should work.

But it don't, arrrgh.

Any more ideas ? cause not bein able to ride is driving me up the friggin wall, here.

-Ree

Re: Still drivin me batty.

Ree,didn't you just put a new coil on that thing a little while back? Could it or CDI be bad,or coil wire loose at either end?

XBrandon EdgeX /

When you checked for continuity and shorts, did that include making sure you've got all the wires going to the right places? You don't have an ignition wire where a taillight wire should be or something? In other words, does your bike match the wiring diagram?

Otherwise, you could start replacing every electrical piece one by one (yikes!)

Just throwin ideas at you.

XBrandon EdgeX

I had a simular problem and it turned out to be that the spark plug cap was not tight. The cap I have has a screw that turns into the spark plug wire to make contact. Once I screwed that cap into the wire my spark returned.XBrandon EdgeX wrote:

Het Ree,

I'll trade you my bad clutch problems for your electrical?

Richard

Reeperette /

>>Ree,didn't you just put a new coil on that thing a little while back? Could it or CDI be bad,or coil wire loose at either end?<<

Yep, new coil...CDI is puttin out like it should, and the wires all checked for continuity and such, while I wiggled em around in case it was intermittent.

>>does your bike match the wiring diagram?<<

Yep, it does.

>>spark plug cap<<

New cap, and not only did I screw the one piece down into it, I stripped a bit of insulation from it and jammed it in there so the contact is more solid than normal.

>>I'll trade you my bad clutch problems for your electrical?<<

Dude, if you lived near here, I'd switch bikes for a coupla days shop time...I figure we might luck out and fix each others problem, since we can't seem to solve our own...heh, then trade back.

I still wouldn't mind getting Ron and Fred up here over a Killians or two and tear this damn thing apart.

-Ree

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account