I'm building a moped

<HTML>Hello. I need help to build me moped/skike/goped. There are so many names for them! I'm building mine from a skateboard and a 22cc strimmer engine. Can anyone tell me what else I need? This is for my college engineering project. Ta muchly.</HTML>

RE: I'm building a moped

<HTML>When you say moped, do you mean with pedals? or do you mean a goped, basically a motorized skateboard? you would have a better chance building it with a bicycle frame and an engine....

dan</HTML>

<HTML>Hey Dan

Yeah, it's basically a motorised skateboard. I think a bicycle frame would be too hard for me to make it from. I'm starting to panic now because my teacher told me today that I need to have designs by Christmas! AARRGGHH!! I can't draw so I'm getting my da to draw ones for me. I need to know other things as well like what type of wheels are going to be on the thing and the axils and stuff. I really need help! Can you help me?</HTML>

<HTML>What you should use, is a $29.95 Wal-Mart kids scooter. This has a fairly large tire on the back (compared to a skateboard), that can be replaced by a rear tire from a small kid's bike. This will give you the sprocket you will need to drive the rear wheel. I would suggest mounting the engine above the rear wheel, to give more room to stand. A break lever would be a perfect throttle. Just remember, on any 2 wheeled vehicle, 2/3 of your breaking power is in the front, consider that in your design. Now all you really have to do is figure out how to mount the engine.

Jay</HTML>

<HTML>What you should use, is a $29.95 Wal-Mart kids scooter. This has a fairly large tire on the back (compared to a skateboard), that can be replaced by a rear tire from a small kid's bike. This will give you the sprocket you will need to drive the rear wheel. I would suggest mounting the engine above the rear wheel, to give more room to stand. A break lever would be a perfect throttle. Just remember, on any 2 wheeled vehicle, 2/3 of your breaking power is in the front, consider that in your design. Now all you really have to do is figure out how to mount the engine.

Jay</HTML>

<HTML>Thanx! Do you know of anywhere I could get designs for vices?</HTML>

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account