Re: STOLEN MOPED ANY INFO APPRECIATED

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Oh,Ken! I meant to tell you a little story.I was sitting around about 2:00 P.M. kinda waking up because I'm on night shift this week.I suddenly thought about that old run-down COSMO Colt.I told Linda I thought I'd try to get it to run.Well,I went out to the garage and tore into it.I removed the carb,drained and flushed the tank and mixed up a quart of fresh gas .I cleaned out the carb and stuck it back on and poured in the gas.All this took about an hour.I was amazed to see that the starter clutch still worked.I pushed down the choke and kicked it over a couple of times and it started just fine.I was in shock,really.I pushed it out of the garage and revved up and took off up the hill.It pulled it fine! I wasn't going to trust it very far so I went 2 blocks and turned around.On my second round trip it broke the chain,but I coasted back to the house.I didn't buy the bike to run,but just for parts....But now I don't know.It really is rusty and dull looking,but if that engine is good ,I've got a MOTOMARINA Sebring I can install it on.You try what I mentioned in the letter about finding a `ped and you'll come up with one pretty soon,I'll bet.HANG IN THERE !!!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account