STOLEN MOPED ANY INFO APPRECIATED

My Moped was stolen on July 15 2001...Right out of my Back Yard...IT was A Cosmo Colt 1984, stolen with it was a Helmet This was stolen in Garfield, NJ. I think its local, but i dont kno, if anyone has any info, it will be highly appreciated..ATTACHED IS A PHOTO OF MY MOPED...Please take a look at it, and keep a look...Thanks, Ken

also, im looking for a used moped, that works but is affordable. Please let me know if anyone has one.

moped654.jpg

Re: STOLEN MOPED ANY INFO APPRECIATED

Well,Ken,that looks way better than the 50.00 one I bought from Huvz@ aol.com .I'm really sorry to hear some rotten person stole your moped.I hate thievery.I think we should go back to the Bible's principles on it where the thief had to make recompense 5 times over or work for the person he stole from until he paid 5 times value back.I ask you;who could find fault with that law?

Oh,Ken! I meant to tell you a little story.I was sitting around about 2:00 P.M. kinda waking up because I'm on night shift this week.I suddenly thought about that old run-down COSMO Colt.I told Linda I thought I'd try to get it to run.Well,I went out to the garage and tore into it.I removed the carb,drained and flushed the tank and mixed up a quart of fresh gas .I cleaned out the carb and stuck it back on and poured in the gas.All this took about an hour.I was amazed to see that the starter clutch still worked.I pushed down the choke and kicked it over a couple of times and it started just fine.I was in shock,really.I pushed it out of the garage and revved up and took off up the hill.It pulled it fine! I wasn't going to trust it very far so I went 2 blocks and turned around.On my second round trip it broke the chain,but I coasted back to the house.I didn't buy the bike to run,but just for parts....But now I don't know.It really is rusty and dull looking,but if that engine is good ,I've got a MOTOMARINA Sebring I can install it on.You try what I mentioned in the letter about finding a `ped and you'll come up with one pretty soon,I'll bet.HANG IN THERE !!!

Yea, my moped was in great condition, i once rode it all the way down to Newark with realy no problem...see if i buy a used 1 then it probably wont work to well, i think someone is bein an ass, and storing it in there garage or whatever. and that pisses me off. I never hear it ride around ever...I think there scared of police to ride it. I just really hope i get it back in original condition...My other theory is that someone rode it fast down a street, and jumped off and let it fly into the passaic river...and that would suck...well every1 just keep a look for it...they may have sold it online or something...thanks ken

Yeah, Ken! You've got one thing going for you.It's not a common bike.Was it a red one?Mine is blue and rust colored.Ha! Forget about that river scene Ken.Someone has it or has hocked it.Check all pawn shops and antique shops.I suppose you know the V.I.N.? Keep aftyer the police.Bug `em to death and they'll probably look a lot harder.BYE!

it was black, and yea...i found out where my prime suspect lives, turns out he got a 2 car garag...im going to investigate tomarow...ill let you kno if what happens... Mopeds really arent popular out of garfield *mainly cuz adults like cars, and we are too poor to afford mopeds) so i get 1 from my friend, and get it stolen, it was meant to happen because no one can afford mopeds...i guess u can say i live in the ghetto, but watever...ill let you jkno if i get any info tomarow...

Ken! Take an eyewitness with you if you can.And a camera! I hope you've found the `no-good' but watch out for false accusations.BYE!

Yea im takin my digital camera, and my next door neighbor, early in da moening before anyone wakes up...thanks for the advice...but if u get this before i leave, should i take my cell and call police and say something like "i saw the kid ride my friends moped in his garage from annonomous" or just take it back?

Reeperette /

General consensus is call out the Law.

Of course, last time I did that I got near arrested for "tresspassing" (even tho I never set foot on the property) and told I would be arrested for theft if I took it back.

So, it's your call...and all depends on how decent your local cops are.

Me...I would TCB myself, but I would not advise anyone else to do so.

-Ree

PS - Also, if you do get it back, check older posts dealing with moped theft for my suggestions on how to KEEP it from being stolen next time.

Ken,I don't know what to tell you except you must KNOW he's got your Cosmo before the police question him.You don't want to break and enter,but you don't want him to take it to another location or to a pawn shop.Down here in Ohio,especially in the country,everyone has guns and will shoot if you sneak around their garage at night.That's why it doesn't happen very often in the country.Big dogs and shotguns or pistols are a great deterrent to criminals sneaking around your place.But where I live in the city,criminals are more apt to trespass.I guess Ree's right,but I wish there was a way to force him to bring it out in the open.Use caution.

Ken, I am sorry to hear about your stolen moped, and as a resident of Moonachie, NJ, and actually Teaneck, NJ as well, I will keep my eye out for your moped. I have heard nothing but bad things about Garfield, my friend's riced-out Interga was stolen there a while ago.

Good luck finding your ped, I'll keep mah eye out.

-W!$KY

Hey wat up all, I was thinking about goin to sneak around, but i guess u can sa i whimped out...I was thnking about going behind an apartment buuilding and climbin up thef fence to look through his garage rear window, cuz the apartment tenats would do nothing, but i really am not in the mood to get probation time or anything just for trying to find my moped, i think by takin something thats urs to begin with and getting arrested for thefyt because of that is a stupid law, and it is stupid....Yea Wisky, u live pretty close to me, maybe the idiot sold it and uses it over there...If u see anything let me reply to the forum...A good way to identify it is IT HAS NO MUFFLER!! so it is EXTREMELY LOUD...I had libility insurance on it, dont cover theft, and home owners dont cover motor vehicles...insurance is just a waste of money never helps me...Well i might get some courage to go on his property, they wont shoot me, they might just run after me call the cops, but the city i more civilized (at least i think) il let you all kno what happens very soon...thanks for everyones intrest...Ken

well hey, no luck yet, i did some investigating, but that went unsucesful...if anything is to show up i will post a new topic...thanks for everyones concern...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account