keys

i broke my key off in the ignition and i don't know how to get it out help plz!!!!!1

Re: busted keys

Get a hacksaw blade and and with it in the "backstroke cut" position, grind down the top on one end til all that's left is very little metal and the saw teeth.

Insert this cut down end on the side of the key that has the teeth. The idea is to get the hacksaw blade teeth to engage the key's teeth. do this carefully and the sub should come out. It doesn't hurt to lubricate the lock with WD-40 before trying this.

Jim

Re: keys

Roald Amundsen /

take the bike to the South Pole... (it will then be upside down)... then jump up and down next to it... the vibrations should shake the key out.

Get a penguin to help.

(or at least I read something similar to that here recently)

if that doesn't work... the above solution by Jim C. sounds real good.

Re: keys

Roald Amundsen /

take the bike to the South Pole... (it will then be upside down)... then jump up and down next to it... the vibrations should shake the key out.

Get a penguin to help.

(or at least I read something similar to that here recently)

if that doesn't work... the above solution by Jim C. sounds real good.

Ron Brown /

Jim,

Great idea! Do you have any sugestions for removing a broken piece of hacksaw blade and key from an ignition switch?

Just kidding. : ) I really like this solution.

Ron

Ha,ha,Ron! You just couldn't resist that could you! Shame,shame!

Re: Busted blades

Ron:

A real locksmith has a tool that for all intents and purposes is what I described.

I've got more broken hacksaw blades than I have broken keys.

Also, once the broken stub is removed, a key can be made from it by a competent locksmith.

Jim

Ron Brown /

Years of experience with "easy" outs : )

Re: Busted blades

Ron Brown /

Jim,

I really liked the solution, just could not resist the comment. Too much time spent with Murphy.

Ron

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account