stupid choke cable

Rob Gibbons /

i have a 78 motobecane mobylette and its in mint condition, but all it needs now is is a choke cable because mine is frayed. it runs, but it stalls out.I know that the problem is that the carb needs cleaning because it has a brand new plug. The only thing is, i dont want to mess with the carb untill i have the cable because i want to have it rideable the day i fix it, instead of cleaning it up and having it sit, because it has no filter, and ill have to clean the carb anyway---

question- where can i get a choke cable and filter?

Re: stupid choke cable

Rob Gibbons /

scratch the filter, i just got e-mailed frum my friend with a parts bike.

Hi,Rob! Call 614-299-0550 and they'll sell you a cable or anything else you need.

Rob Gibbons /

thanx a bunch!

-Rob

Swarm and Destroy!

Just to let you know, if you have a gunter carb on your moped, the choke won't do much. Out of three Motobecane Cady mopeds, the only one that the choke actually does anything is the one moped with a different type of carb. The choke on the gunter carb does not work very well because it has a old style set up....

A bicycle cable trimmed to the originals length will work just fine, it's cheaper and easier to find than an original. I own a Peugeot with a Gurtner carb and it's choke works great, I guess Motobecane's must be different.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account