How many miles can you put on an Express?

I found a Honda Express with 4000 miles for $500, which doesn't seem too bad, but which does lead me to ask the inevidible question: How many miles can you put on an Express before it begins to suffer major problems? 4000 does seem like a lot but she says that she has just had it checked by her mechanic and she has used it daily for over 8 years, so it has wear but it hasn't sat around getting rusty. It does have baskets... a big incentive, I think, but that doesn't really justify the purchase if the engine just might go caput when I tack on 5 more miles. Anyhow, if anyone knows the answer or has put on more miles and has never had any trouble with their Express please respond. I might be going tommorow to check this bike out and want to know if I am getting a deal or just wasting my time. Thanks.

Re: How many miles can you put on an Express?

Hi,Kev! That's not too many miles at all.Go for it if you can test ride it for 30 minutes with no problems while you're taking it under load up hills and down.Usually problems will surface on a 30 minute run around town if they're gonna surface.Make sure to open the throttle up and see what she's got! BYE!

Re: How many miles can you put on an Express?

How many miles can you put on an Express?

In simplest terms.....all of them!

Thanks for the advice, don-ohio and Richard.

Though I think don's was a bit more of what I was looking for...

Re: Thanks for the advice, don-ohio and Richard.

Wayne Broderick /

Mine died under 4k, but I really abused it. If you took care of it, I bet it could see 10k.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account