Tomos Targa oil system leaks

I bought a Tomos Targa lx brand new and im having a problem with the oil line going to the oil pump from under the tank leaking where it connects I have tried everything! any body with the same problem

Help!!!!!!!!!

Re: Tomos Targa oil system leaks

If you just bought it and it leaks...let them fix it

they were use less

What did they tell you?

If it's a flair type fitting, don't over tighten it, it'll just leak worse. Drain the tank and clean the fitting off really good, look for hairline cracks while cleaning. Reinstall using Permatex 2B form-a-gasket on the threads, don't overtighten it. Replace any cracked lines or fittings.

I forgot to mention" Permatex High Tack Adhesive Sealant part no. 98H ". It's fuel, oil, and brake fluid resistant, really good stuff, but a bit messy.

Ron Brown /

Kurt,

First, the ped is new, make them fix it or turn them in to whoever regulates thier busuness in your state and/or call or write to the importer and explain the problem with the ped and the dealer. Do not attempt your own repair, if it turns out to be an expensive problem you will have no recourse.

Flare fillings require no sealant, if they leak, they are bad and should be repaired or replaced. Even a small amount of sealer in the oil injection feed lines could do bad things.

Ron

Reeperette /

Mosta the oil line fittings on Tomos are just a tube that the line goes over and a metal clamp-thingie.

I just trim 1/4" off the line, throw out the old clamp and slap a new one on there.

In this case, I would kick the dealers ass till they fixed it, tho.

-Ree

Chris Wilkins /

I have a solution to your problem. I have a 1996 Tomos Targa LX myself. I didn't have a oil leak, but there is a way to bypass the oil injection. they sell a 74cc off-road racing kit for the Targa LX. It replaces the whole engine including exhaust and intake. The 74cc engine uses premix instead of oil injection. So instead of having the oil injected you mix it with the gas and the oil injection is taken off the bike. This may be a bit of a hassle but my moped now does 50mph and I can pull a wheelie and hold it up for a bit. If you want to look at one, here's the website from where I got mine from: http://www.stevesmoped.com/showroom/mopart.html

Hope I was some help.

-Chris Wilkins

PS: I'm selling my moepd to get another motorcycle so if anybody is looking for a high performance moped, e-mail me.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account