mobylette 50V motobecane

How do you make this bike run. Holding the choke while pedalling until ran out of breath? I cant get mine to start. Where can I get a manual for this machine. . My friend gave it to me with only 375 miles on it. Recently cleaned inside removing some gunk and dont even know if it sparks (replaced with champion spark plug dont know if the original plug still work.) Also notice that while pedalling, it only turns over engine once in a while, is their something attached to it that makes turns normal. and it feel so hot when I touch the round plate ont the left side(is this the clutch?)

Thanks for any help.. this is my first moped that I really wanna keep running.

Edgar

Re: mobylette 50V motobecane

Ron Brown /

Edgar,

Your ped in particular is started by holding the decompressor lever until the engine is spinning, then releasing it.

For everything else you need, go to Fred's How to fix your moped in the resources section.

To get to your points, you have to remove the flywheel on the right side of the engine. Use an impact wrench with a 3/8" socket driver and turn clockwise as this is a left hand thread.

Ron

Where is the decompressor level?

Ron Brown /

Edgar,

Small lever on the handlebars just like the choke only other handlebar. Has a cable going to the cylinder head next to the spark plug.

Ron

Thanks, I got the engine running after cleaning the carburator. Engine runs like new

and all I have to worry now is how to get new tire and tube.

By the way, you know the law on mopeds here in Texas.

Thanks.

Hi,Edgar! I'm afraid you won't like Texas laws.It's pretty restrictive,unless you can get a waiver on the skills test.You have to have a `quasi-motor' cycle endorsement(pun intended).I looked it all up for another guy just last week.BYE!

Rob Gibbons /

silly goose, thats the flywheel on the left side, and there is a little switch, or button on the bars called the compression switch and you have to hold that in with the choke, then let off once it gets running.once it heats up, let off the choke lever and ur all set. By the way, i have the same moped. Mines a 78.

Rob Gibbons /

sorry about that, its not a COMPRESSOR SWITCH, but a DECOMPRESSOR SWITCH- its all the same, you still have to hold it.

Thanks, I already got it running. all i need now is a new set of tires and tubes.

paul sanders /

DEAR RON

WHERE CAN I OBTAIN A CARBURETTOR FOR MY 1970 MOBYLETTE.

John Callesen /

Hi Ron

Where do I find " Fred's " My Motobecane 50 is not running.

br

John

Ron Brown /

John,

Click resources at the top of this page.

Ron

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account