turn signals

does anyone here not use lights for their turn signals and use hand signals?? i for one do, and i think it's funny... but scary, because most drivers don't know what hand signals are... hahaha. i was going to put turn signals on my moped when i first got it, but decided to blow the extra 40 bucks it would cost on music. :-)

-Mike

Re: turn signals

No signals on my bullet, sprint or garelli sport.

Hand signals rule.

Used them while driving my car once, (blown brake switch)

Talk about confusing other drivers.

I use hand signals because my bike didn't come with turn signals. They teach hand signals in drivers ed so everyone who has taken a drivers ed course should know them.....that's a big should though.

I was not comfortable with the hand signals, too many cars looked like they were going to pass me, even with my arm out for a left turn. Once an ass hole actually did pass, even though I had my arm out and was riding the center line. I just put a gad-a-bout signal kit on my Autopower and I feel more comfortable with it. Ken

You probly wont like this idea and it prob sounds stupid and tacky all in one but you can buy like a $10 set of bike turn signals that run off like 4 AA batteries if you think that might make u more ovious to cars. My supersport came with turnsignals so i dont have to worry about that but i thought it might be a cheap alternative to buying real ones. You can find them at places like walmart or kmart.

Hi,Sean! I think that's a better idea than going without them.The more light you get on a `ped the better,I'd say.No word on why that `Supersport' locked up you yet?

Wayne Broderick /

I took mine off my Targa. The onlt thing I worried about was thinking that the non-existant blinkers were still attached.

I always forgot to shut em off anyway

Do you do much night driving,Wayne?I'm a little worried about hand signals at night and I do a lot of night `pedding.

Wayne Broderick /

I don't do much night riding. If I do, I flash my brakes like crazy and wait for cars to pass before making a move.

I live in Maine, though and there isn't much going on at night. That is a good point though.

true true... i ride @ night all the time, when my moped's working. guh. but i don't use turn signals... i just kind of hope cars don't hit me. lol. not exactly safe, but i keep an eye out.

-Mike

Mike,if you wanna keep living,better start signaling!

well, i use hand signals of course... that'd be just crazy... i meant blinkers... i probably should have made myself clear, right don? haha. oh well. i knew what i meant... and that's the important part. of course, i kind of hoped you guys would get it too... ;-)

-Mike

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account