Re: Fa50 to slow

Jamie /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I recently got an Fa50. Mine was in poor condition. The power sucked. The muffler on these can get pretty clogged up. When I took it off and looked in on the cylinder. There was a wall of black carbon crud blocking the exhaust. Check these things and see if that helps. I also ordered a tapered plug from the local auto shop. About 2.25 but it was the one that the book said that it was supposed to have. Check the crank case also, people sometimes tend to think that it is supposed to be full and fill it to the top. You may also check the compression.

The guide that is posted here is a lot of help.

As I said, mine was in poor shape mechanically when I got it. The jet is a little too big and it will two stroke when it is about to wind out. Cleaning up the exhaust really helped everything out.

Good luck with you new shuttle. I have enjoyed mine. I can't wait to get a differant moped though. After reading about all of the comments here, I think that I want an old Puch or Tomos. Parts from the Suzuki dealer are rediculous. I had to replace the needle valve in the carb and paid 35.00 for something smaller than a dime.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Fa50 to slowTopic by: John Bianco John Bianco 07/18/01 10:50PM
  Re: Fa50 to slowRe: Michael L. Michael L. 07/19/01 01:16AM
  oopsRe: Michael L. Michael L. 07/19/01 05:57AM
  Re: Fa50 to slowRe: Reeperette Reeperette 07/19/01 01:34AM
  Re: Fa50 to slowRe: Jamie Jamie 07/20/01 12:40AM
  Re: Fa50 to slowRe: Jordan Jordan 12/30/01 12:57AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account