INFO ON PA-50

<HTML> I just got a moped from my friend and it's a mess. All plastic parst are broked even a light and speedometer. And engine doesnt work really good. I don't know a lot about mopeds and that is why i asking you people. What can i do with engine, maybe i should get a new one or may be i should rebuild it. But i don't know where to get any parst, plese tell me where can i get an engine and all parst i need to make it better. And if you know where can i buy tires and plastic parst for PA-50 1975. Please tell me as much information as possible.</HTML>

RE: INFO ON PA-50

<HTML>hey Rodian, I've got a PA50 myself and I've done a lot of work to it. I've probably encountered most of the problems you have with your moped. It would really help if you could give the specifics of what you're engine does wrong; does it only run with the choke on? does it lack power? You can e-mail me and I'd be happy to help you diagnose your problems. Any parts for your honda should be available from your local honda or motorcycle dealer, you'd be surprised as to what they still make for old models. Depending on what you need, I may be able to sell you some parts. Anyways, get back to me, I'd love to help out a fellow PA50 enthusiast. By the way, I've got a pa50 website at www.geocities.com/motorcity/factory/1935 </HTML>

RE: INFO ON PA-50

<HTML>I replaced the plastic cowling on my 1978 PA50 this summer. The parts are available at your local Honda dealer. My spedo cable is broken, and is not available and I have not decided what to do about yet. I bought mine about 8 months ago and have had problems with sediment in the fuel tank, which in turn plugs the filter and starves it for fuel. I have found that if I leave it for more than a month without running it it generally takes some doing getting it to run smooth again. It's very tempermental and I have found myself peddling the goddamn thing more than actualy ridding it, but I really enjoy buzzing around the local beach community on it. I initially bought a 1981 70 Passport and the PA50 or Hobbit was included in the deal. I thought it would be cool for my girlfriend to ride it around but she gets more frustrated with it than I do. Anyway the parts you are looking for can in most cases be found with the exception of a spedo cable. Good Luck</HTML>

INFO ON PA-50

I NEED HELP! WE JUST BOUGHT A 1978 HONDA HOBBIT MOPED. WE CANT GET IT TO START. WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, IT GETS SPARK, AND WE CLEANED THE CARB, AND IT ONLY HAS 293 MILES ON IT. IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOBBITS PLEASE GET BACK TO ME ASAP! I NEED TO GET THIS RUNNING! THANKS

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account