Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3

josh /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Well the head is on and .....NOTHING. Afew sputters, thats it, oh and one sore ass leg! HELP! Yes it is a Mikuni carb (brand new at that), can you please further describe the plunger I am looking for. I will sound silly since I do not know all of the terminology but here goes; there are 2 hoses off of the (stupid) auto choke that go to the carb, one near the top there it is a triangle shaped head and I can see the edge of what looks like a black rubber diaphram, and the other goes below it near the middle of the carb, both of these enter on the right hand side of carb when sitting on bike. The manual says to troubleshoot disconnect vacuum hose from intake (the vacuum that starts it all) and if it starts its either the BVS valve (controls opening and closing of choke mech) or the fuel petcock. But could you please help me and tell me what to tape down to attempt to dissable the choke. Will this just make it harder to start but run ok once running if it is problem? According to diagram in book regarding to the triangle shape I described on top of carb with diaphram, there is a diaphram indeed, a spring that rests on a piece of metal then another diphram. Any suggestions are welcome. I'll kick my ass off if I have to just as long as it runs. Compression is awesome now, definately getting gas (very wet plug and cylinder) exhaust is clear, and spark is staying strong.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Topic by: josh josh 07/17/01 12:31AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Re: Fred Fred 07/17/01 01:12AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Re: josh josh 07/18/01 02:37AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Re: Fred Fred 07/18/01 04:59PM
  Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Re: josh josh 07/19/01 02:23AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Re: Jake Jake 06/03/09 03:26AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ/QT50 Update3Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/17/01 11:39AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account