Batavus Wheel

Any body know where I can get a new front wheel for a 1976 Batavus VA, 16inch

Re: Batavus Wheel

Hi! ALWAYS check with B.J. at Handy Bikes first.It's only a phone call.(614-299-0550) If he can't help e-mail Brian at miniengine@yahoo.com (I think that's his e-mail) BYE!

Miniengine /

The Moped Junkyard seems to be a good source for Batavus parts also. Nice front wheels shouldn't be a problem, but the back wheels can be a bear to find.

Brian

Lamborn's Miniature Engines

http://www.geocities.com/miniengine

Thanks, I tried Mopedjunkyard and they had what I wanted :)

Hi, why is the rear wheel so hard to find? I havent looked yet but need a rear one for 78 Batavue Starflight, it needs a rear sprocket and spokes are loose. Doud D dwdoogie@webtv.net

Miniengine /

Doug,

Well it seems that neglected Bats seem to have rear bearing problems and finding a rear wheel where the bearing hasn't destroyed the hub can be a challenge. The torque from the drive sprocket wears on the bearings and because of the chain tension it makes it harder to find this problem without taking the rear wheel apart. I'd wager a bet that they are in more demand for this reason alone. That's the case around my place. I have two good front wheels for every one good back wheel.

Brian

Lamborn's Miniature Engines

http://www.geocities.com/miniengine

I have one good back wheel on my moped and an extra good rear wheel.

Miniengine /

Consider yourself lucky. I wish I had your good fortune.

Doug Davidson /

Well what you take for it or what parts you need for another brand? Doug D

lol brian, two good rear wheels and no good front wheels :) The kid I baught the moped from had to go and ghost ride it just because he got a Tomos targo Lx, but hey I got it for $75, It is in pretty good condition, 600 miles on it and it starts like brand new :)

Oh yea and thats probably how the crank axle bent.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account