Re: Old man on a 10-speed

don-ohio /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Okay,Tom,but Jim's right! Where are those `seasoned citizens' 2 miles on down the road? I pulled up beside a `young' Geezer the other day and he was just a `gettin it',with a single-speed,fat-tired Schwinn.I said`Hey,you're doin' pretty good mister,but don't you think a 3-speed or yen-speed would help you?' He just grinned and said `yeah,probably';he was too out of wind to say any more.I eased on out ahead and then later throttled the MOTOMARINA up to 32 or so and maintained that for a couple of miles,then stopped to look over the side of a bridge and quench my thirst.About 30 secs. after stopping I l;ooked back and that 'ol,OOPS!,I mean young geezer was within 1/2 mi. of me and comin' pretty fast with a little down hill help.I was really surprised at his stamina at so `vigorous' an age,but the devil got the better of me and I pulled out and left him in the dust .I just didn't want him to get too prideful ,I guess.But I should have let him pass me.BYE!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Old man on a 10-speedTopic by: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 07/15/01 01:00PM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: Jim C. Jim C. 07/15/01 02:34PM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: Tom Tom 07/15/01 09:12PM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/15/01 09:48PM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 07/15/01 09:59PM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/15/01 10:07PM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: Tom Tom 07/16/01 09:54AM
  Re: Old man on a 10-speedRe: Ken Ken 07/16/01 10:23PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account