Re: Not yet

Wayne Broderick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

There's still a lot of stuff to add- Don't wrap it up yet.

Lots of knowledge to surface still.

For example: Yes, wet brakes can be "soft" but if you over compensate, you'll find out just how grabby wet brakes can be when you slip on wet tar.

So, you may want to include that--

Also, Ree said we should always be careful when stopping at red lights, don't put your foot down in a patch of oil or grease and dump your moped.

I wouldn't ever have thought of that unless I did it, which I probably would have at some point.

Don's post is right on. I've heard lots of stories about bikers stopped at red lights and getting 'punted' 50 or 60 feet by a car who just didn't stop-- when they slam on their brakes, it's like a billiard ball or pinball spring-- the biker gets launched.

There is a lot of stuff to address still... Anyone else have thoughts on this?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Not to be a spammer, but this is the *Final Draft*Topic by: Ray Sanders Ray Sanders 07/13/01 08:46PM
  Re: Not to be a spammer, but this is the *Final DrRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/13/01 09:52PM
  Re: Not yetRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 07/13/01 10:30PM
  Re: Not yetRe: Simon King Simon King 07/14/01 07:14PM
  Re: Not to be a spammer, but this is the *Final DrRe: Simon King Simon King 07/14/01 07:17PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account