Attaching a motor to a bicycle

Hey i've been looking through whizzer bike sites (if you dont know what a whizzer is its basically an engine attached to a bike). I was wondering if it was possible to easily attach an engine to a bike, say maybe a gas powered weed wacker engine possibly. It would really be cool if i could figure out how to do this, i have a 32cc weed wacker engine and a bike that it would fit in the middle of i just need to know how to put it on. If you know anything or know if its even possible, please respond, thanks alot

---chris

Re: Attaching a motor to a bicycle

gimmyjimmy /

duct tape and galvanized nails,

but a weed wacker engine is far to powerful for your bike, I put a wind up spring on the sprocket that worked fine on mine, but I'm checking into solar.

gimmyjimmy /

just kidding Chris,

I've seen kits in magazines, but I don't recall where, it would take some frame modifying to make it work, but anything is possible.

But if you do get it going, you'll want a moped after that. Then come to the moped buy/sell forum here.

Hey,Chris,just remember that more speed means you need better brakes and tires so be careful,O.K.?

Check out this discussion area. There are some good links to biek motor projects. http://dkoontz.freshlinks.net/aspforum/display_forum.asp?fid=4

Also, This fellow built an electric bike but the principle of his construction is good. http://www.peltzer.net/ebike/ebike.htm

Do a search on the web for cyclemotor and bike motor. There are tons of info on that type of project. I have a 25cc weedeater motor on a mountain bike. I love to ride my moped but I still go out for a spin on the mountainbike.

Be careful how you mount it. A lot of the plans put more pressure on the crank shaft of the motor than it was meant to take.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account