Re: gas gauge?

Rich King /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey guy and everybody else too:

Here's a lesson I learned at the "Univ. of Dumb & Dumber", the lesson was real simple, but the price of tuition to learn this little jewel was very steep. First always check your tank, take off cap and jiggle the ped from side to side to see how much gas slaushes around in the tank. Then top off your tank if it's less than half. #2 watch you mileage remembering approx. how far a tank will take you. Option 3, bungee a 1 gal gas can of pre-mixed gas on the back. Take it from me, I ran out of gas "way out in the country - - like about 20 miles to the nearest gas station" while participating in a vintage motorcycle poker run with my 76 PUCH Max (w/a 70 cc euro kit - - that thing gives a whole new perspective to the term "hauling ass & sucking gas", especially for a Moped.). Let me tell you, it's hard being humble sitting on the back of the "Break-down Truck", especially for running out of gas, particularly after having the b!!!'s to participate in a motorcycle run on a moped in the first place!

On the other hand, that fiasco did earn me respect w/motorcycle club that sponsored the run. They keep inviting me to their meetings and functions, also they finally stopped asking me,"Where's your Harley?? after I repled back, "In the shop being worked on like everybody else's". Oh yeah, another good one is to hit them, where it hurts, in their pocketbook, with "My $20k is in the bank insted of being tied up in a "Garage King".

See ya - - Rich

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  gas gauge?Topic by: Mike Mike 07/11/01 01:02AM
  Re: gas gauge?Re: Brian Brian 07/11/01 01:22AM
  Re: gas gauge?Re: Mike Mike 07/11/01 01:35AM
  Re: gas gauge?Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/11/01 07:54AM
  i know what you mean!Re: Mike Mike 07/11/01 01:27PM
  Stuff the mileage !Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/12/01 06:13AM
  Re: gas gauge?Re: Brian Brian 07/11/01 09:39AM
  WeightRe: Chris Robertson Chris Robertson 07/18/01 01:02PM
  Re: gas gauge?Re: Rich King Rich King 07/11/01 01:51PM
  Try it.Re: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/11/01 11:03PM
  Re: Try it.Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/12/01 06:22AM
  Re: Try it.Re: Rich King Rich King 07/16/01 04:29PM
  Re: Try it.Re: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/16/01 10:52PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account