Re: A few problems...

Moby /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

It's a 1975 Mobylette Duamatic, which I've had just about enough of. Ron, I've tried to use your "It's only an engine, it's only an engine..." but I still get so incredibly frustrated wasting the entire day and getting no further. I've even tried "serenity now, serenity now..." but still I get nowhere. I took apart the carb, used carb cleaner and blew out everything in sight. The float seemed a little different then you described Fred, it was about the size of a quarter (I hope Canadian quarters are the same size), about an inch thick and had a needle passing vertically through it with more sticking out on one side than the other. I took the float out, cleaned all around where it sits etc. Still when I turn the gas on, gas comes pouring out of the main jet. I remember a while ago the main jet had this kinda hard stuff on it, which makes me think that someone tried to fix this by just putting something over it, but I don't see how that could've worked. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious, at least I hope so...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  A few problems...Topic by: Moby Moby 07/06/01 06:49PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Fred Fred 07/06/01 07:38PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 07/07/01 12:25PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Moby Moby 07/07/01 01:10PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/08/01 08:57AM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Ray Sanders Ray Sanders 07/08/01 02:58PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Moby Moby 07/08/01 09:12PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Fred Fred 07/08/01 10:45PM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Moby Moby 07/09/01 03:46AM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 07/09/01 10:51AM
  Re: A few problems...Re: Moby Moby 07/09/01 04:34PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account