Well... they're not mopeds...

But there is a big article in USAToday about the comeback and boost in sales for scooters.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/covers/2001-07-03-bcovtue.htm#more

Re: Well... they're not mopeds...

Hi,Fred! Wouldn't you know it? The only day in the year nobody brought the USA paper in and it would have to be the 3rd of July's! I just walked all over my building here at work,through 3 break rooms,and nothing! Oh well,you and me know that if scooters sales are on the rise,that's got to bode well for the moped too,right?See you later!

Re: Well... they're not mopeds...

I ride a commuter train to and from my job in downtown Chicago. Lately I've noticed quite a few scooters parked at the various suburban train stations along the way, mostly Hondas. Or maybe it just seems like there are more of them, now that I have a moped.

I bought my moped so I could ride it to the train station instead of taking the bus, which costs $1.25 one way. Plus, I don't have to pay to park at the station...I park it with the bicycles.

I heard that a Vespa dealership opened up recently on the North side of the city. I think we'll see a really big comeback with scooters and mopeds. The only problem is, here in the Northern climates, we really can't ride them in the winter. Anyway, I think the days of buying a cheap used moped are just about over. Especially when I heard about the used Honda at a local garage sale priced at $1500.00. I've seen a guy riding around my neighborhood on a red Honda scooter, and I've been trying to catch up with him. Maybe even challenge him to a friendly little race.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account