Re: CLOSE CALL!!

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Probably not - but you'll get a kick out of this.

Back in Baltimore I had some joker nearly hit me while I was stopped at a red light, and he pulled to the side of the lane to avoid doing so, and so he was beside my moped....and I noticed his door wasn't locked.

Yanked it open and snatched his cellphone, told him he could get it back from the desk sergeant of the local police station, cause he SURE wasn't gettin it back from me.

Being a yuppie executroid, he quickly evaluated his chances of taking the phone from me (like, nonexistant), and took off, as the light had changed during our "discussion".

True to my word, I dropped the phone off with the local PD's Desk Officer, along with a pointed hint that the owner could use a stern lecture on the subject of paying attention to what he's doin.

Now that's not to say having a cellphone in the car is unilaterally bad, cause we did find a very appropriate use for my roommates, coming back from Detroit one night.

We wound up behind a guy who was quite obviously three-sheets-to-the-wind drunk, and rung on the State Police, and gave em tag number, description, and mile marker, and when he finally pulled off we called em back and gave em the exit he took...I hope they caught him, too - DWI is about as stupid and dangerous as it gets.

So the infernal things do have their uses, but like any good tool, it's far more prone to misuse and abuse than it's intended service.

-Ree

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  CLOSE CALL!!Topic by: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/02/01 10:41PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Ataristyle Ataristyle 07/03/01 01:05AM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/03/01 08:43AM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/03/01 12:59PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/03/01 01:06PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: mike hartel mike hartel 07/08/01 04:15PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Rob Hoehn Rob Hoehn 07/04/01 01:11PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/04/01 07:46PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: derek derek 07/05/01 01:28AM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 07/05/01 05:10PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/05/01 08:10PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: Wisky Wisky 07/05/01 11:50PM
  Re: CLOSE CALL!!Re: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/06/01 09:13AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account