An Exedrin moment

Nick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

What a pain.....but I am putting up with it.

First of all make sure you Puch owners get the "high rise" intake

manifold or the carb won't have enough room to mount!

While I am waiting on the intake to arrive I installed the old

15mm Bing (after cleaning it as a precaution) with an 82 jet back on. The kit is installed, I have spark, compression, and the muffler in new. I even ran the compressor thru the motor to dry it out after flooding the thing and that proved that I had no clogs. IE: air up thru the intake, hand crank the motor, air thru the exhaust.

I HAD 32:1 (4oz per gallon) in it like EVERYONE says you should for the break-in period. The thing will NOT fire that mix (new plug too). I just put 50:1 back in it and will try to start it again.

I am pretty sure that I installed the cylinder and piston correctly. The exhaust port is closer to the front tire than the intake port and the piston "holes' are on the intake side. I even filed and polished the intake manifold to "match" the port on the cylinder.

Has anyone else had any experience in this?

I have a 72 and 66 jet for the carb. Try those?

I also have a can of starting fluid that I haven't used YET but I am tempted.

Who needs an exercise bike when you are working on a moped? :)

I am about to take one pedal off and put my 3/4 inch heavy duty drill on it to crank the thing. Maybe it will finally give it up and start after that thing cranks it for a while :)

Or perhaps I'll just have a couple of beers and then fire up the 24" Stihl next to it and SCARE the damn thing into running!

Nick

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  An Exedrin momentTopic by: Nick Nick 07/02/01 07:45AM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: gimmyjimmy gimmyjimmy 07/02/01 08:01AM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/02/01 10:37AM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: Reeperette Reeperette 07/02/01 04:19PM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: Nick Nick 07/02/01 06:14PM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: stonneredog stonneredog 07/04/01 02:58AM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: Nick Nick 07/04/01 09:33AM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/04/01 10:07AM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: Nick Nick 07/04/01 12:23PM
  Re: An Exedrin momentRe: don-ohio don-ohio 07/04/01 01:00PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account