new to mopeds, have 3 hondas

Thomas Deller /

OK so I figured mopeds couldn't bee to complex and bought three honda hobbit/PA50 mopeds off of this guy with a barn and I couldn't. figure them out.

I took them to toledo's own "MOPED sales and service" they turned out to be more sales than service. make a long story short I found this east german McGyver type who fixes motorcycles and he says no problem. so what is a boy to do with the two incomplete mopeds and what chance do I have of finding a manual

any help with parts or advice, or even moped enculturation would be helpful

thanks

thom

Re: new to mopeds, have 3 hondas

part them all out to have 1 or 2 awesome pa 50s.

Reeperette /

Well, you're in the right place.

With a little luck, and a few ordered parts, logically you should be able to get two of em running by stripping down the third, which is what I would do...take the two best and restore...and strip the third down for parts.

You can still get a lot of the parts for em, as I recall...and the forum folks will be happy to assist you in the technical aspects and problemsolving.

Above all listen to the old codger you found, those guys know stuff that's never made it into repair manuals, and are great fonts of information and history relative to stuff they work on, you can learn a lot.

As for a manual, check the links under Resources at this site and moped2.org - you should at least figure out where to look, if nothing else.

-Ree

Hi,Tom! I saw there's a manual on e-bay for Pa 50s(1978-1980).The auction ends in 35 hrs.or so from now.It's E-bay item #1610914230.Probably under Honda Motorcycles as your search criteria.BUT LISTEN! You can go there and E-mail the guy and he'll sell you one outright if you don't succeed on the auction.HAPPY BIDDING ! BYE!

Hi,Tom! My friend Henry,whom I work here with,just showed me a better manual for you with more pages ,being auctioned by the same seller on E-bay. It costa a little more but it would be worth it.It is item # 1442328481 and covers 1978-1981 Pa50s.Go for it,man! Thanks,Henry!

Thomas Deller /

thanks don I just placed a bid, hopefully it will help out, but having now looked at a picture of a hobbit, I realise I'm missing parts, the one in the pic has some kind of fascia behind the gas tank and over the electrical connections, I would need atleast one of those if I was to have a complete bike.

thanks

thom

if I had one available I could probably mold one out of fiber glass, or even carbon fiber, and give it back to whoever lent it out

J PARSNEAU /

Anyone out there know how to pull more HP out of my 1978 Honda Hobbit. Seems 30 mph is it, not that i'm looking for a rocket, just a little more zip. I also have another bike for parts which has a motor with it. Would anyone suggest beefing that motor up.

tx

jp

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account