jetting a targa lx carb

Cyan /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

ok, so I have this Targa LX '97. It works great, just a little slow only 32mph. so I buy a BiTurbo muffler and I can usually get it to 40mph. but all my friends have much better acceleration, and I am going to buy a 25th front sprocket. only problem then is my max speed will drop about 5-7mph, leaving me where I started, only with better acceleration.

What I want to do is jet the carb, but the shop will take a month to get to my bike, and this guy who knows what he is doing won't jet it because of liability. My dad and I have the tools, and can do it ourselves, but we don't know the correct measurements to jet it to.

I believe my bike currently has a 60 carb size. and the one they sell with the 70cc kit is a 65, but that will require airfilter adjustments which can screw you over bad.

this kid on the internet said he got a 63 jet, but I don't know if thats right.any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  jetting a targa lx carbTopic by: Cyan Cyan 06/28/01 09:50PM
  Re: jetting a targa lx carbRe: SteelToad SteelToad 06/29/01 09:25AM
  Re: jetting a targa lx carbRe: Ataristyle Ataristyle 06/29/01 11:11AM
  Re: jetting a targa lx carbRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/29/01 04:43PM
  Re: jetting a targa lx carbRe: mike mike 06/29/01 10:07PM
  Re: jetting a targa lx carbRe: ivan ivan 07/06/01 01:18AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account