Re: Moped Thieves and Darwinism.

Rich King /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ree

While it was tragic what happend to this fool and I do feel bad for his family, perhaps this was a bit of the old wild west (I mean horse theives got hung didn't they?) that briefly fast forwarded itself into the 21st centrury. Anyway, for me at least, there is some solice in justice - -"Street Justice".

Along this same line, my departed father (bless his soul) taught me a lesson is still remember (and I'm a real old geezer compared to most of you guys). He caught me w/some bubble gum I stolen (shoplifted) from the local deli. Not only did he whupp my butt good w/the razor strap, he made me (under threat of another whuppin) not only pay Mr. Cohen for the bubble gum, but personally apologize for stealing money from him. Buddy that was hard, a real humbling experience for me.

While today Pop would have been halled off by the cops for for child abuse, there is still a lesson to be learned here from "old time justice". In fact Mr. Cohen's wife (Mr. C died years ago) who is 88 still remembers this incident too and tells me and everyone at her nursing home about it and what an honest guy I turned out to be after being straightend out by my Dad at an early age.

Like you said, " it's real bad juju to steal" anything.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account