Moped Thieves and Darwinism.

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Sounds like a definate case for the Darwin Award, Rich.

I had a bit of a scare once...well, actually one of my ex's did, they called her after someone with ID saying they were me was in a nasty moped wreck.

Gee..good call, pull an identity theft on me, get on a moped, and get run over !

Mind, this was about eight months AFTER I wrecked.

Guess you have to give it to the guy - his impersonation was pretty good.

Anyhow, they call her cause it didn't look good for the poor sodder, and she might be needed to identify the stiff, right ? - and this was the SECOND call of such a type she had recieved, the first was when I wrecked....

So she freaks out and calls ME, and me, not being happy bout being woke up at the ungodly hour of 8am....growl a bit and tell her imma fine, well...fine as one gets in the shape I was in, anyhow....and eventually I get a cop at my door to look me up and down and confirm I was really me....geeze.

So the dude croaks, and they put the Death Cert in MY file afore the cops figure out to tell the Doc's that this stiff ain't me - oh joy of joys....hey Reep ? YOU'RE DEAD.

Bah, we got the matter settled, but whatta mess, you know ?

As an anti theft measure...for a while I used to disconnect my brake cables if I had to leave my 'ped for an extended period of time....till one day I forgot to hook em up and nearly did myself in that way.

Here's a hint...if ya ever think of swipin my wheels ? Don't....it's REAL bad juju.

-Ree

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account