Doing something about this flame war

Simon King /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So by now everyone is pretty sick of the flame war going on. I haven't done anything about it until now, because I try to keep this forum very open and allow negative posts to be made. However, I would like to keep those negative comments on topic, meaning actual criticism of mopeds - which can then be defended. This sort of discussion is healthy to the community. All this talk about homo-sexuality and it's relation to mopeds isn't.

I have hidden the main thread that caused this problem. I'm referring to the one entitled "MOPED ARMY BLOWS...FAGS" and posted under the fake name of Reeperette. One of the key reasons that this thread has been hidden is the obvious attack on an individual on the forum, and the impersonation of that individual. If you attack the moped then we can all defend it, but attacking an individual isn't something that I think anyone gains from.

Some reactionary threads that were associated with the main thread have been deleted. The main thread can be restored if necessary; the deleted threads are gone forever.

I really hate to do this sort of thing, but we have a good community here and I don't like to see torn up by mindless actions.

Dan Tisone, if you're like to email me directly about any problems that you have concerning the board or Ree then I'd be glad to hear them. Emailing Ree directly would work as well. The public forum however, isn't the place for that discussion. It's getting in the way of us discussing something that we <i>personally</i> enjoy and love -- <b>mopeds</b>.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account