Honda PA50-II electrics

Tom Waddington /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I am trying to get a friend's PA50-II to run but am having very little success. The wiring has been pulled out of the headlight enclosure and I am not sure that the wires are connected together correctly. The magneto appears to be generating about 3 volts dc when I pedal the bike and the horn will work while pedaling also. I checked the condenser with my tvm and it appears to be working fine. The primary windings of the coil measured from the points to ground appear to be intact.

When I pedal, there is no spark. If I continuously toggle the kill switch while pedalling, I will get a spark during the transition from kill to run. I cannot find a spot on the switch where I can get continuous spark. Can anyone offer any suggestions or any help with the wiring in the headlight casing?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Honda PA50-II electricsTopic by: Tom Waddington Tom Waddington 06/26/01 04:15PM
  bypass the harnessRe: Fred Fred 06/26/01 05:54PM
  Re: bypass the harnessRe: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/26/01 06:59PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account