gopeds

Billy Ray Richter /

OK, I am a rookie at this moped business so I am going to ask a stupid question. What is the difference in a moped and a goped?

Re: gopeds

goped is a gay little scooter, moped is a motorized bicycle technically

If you take a step back, the gayness factor really isn't much different. That's like saying a dude in a pink feather boa is gay but a guy in a midriff tube top isn't.

A moped is a motorized bicycle, well, close enough since with many the bicycle eliment is hard to see.

A goped is essentially a motorized skateboard with a steering mechanism.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOL LOL LOL

that is a funny question....

Ever see kids on those push scooters called "Razors"? well think of putting a tiny weed wacker motor on them.. bingo you have a goped.

Mopeds on the other hand are ridden like a motorcycle/bicycle, a lot heavier.. and are 500% safer than those little deathtraps... O sorry, gopeds... but then again, it is only as safe as the rider in both cases.

Alan

PS- the only stupid question, is the question that is not asked... remember that. ;-)

Alan

Moped you sit, goped you stand (basically).

no, they make ones with seats

Read, I said basically.

also gopeds come as 3wheel versions too

i know mopeds can be converted

Whatever...

what a ficking paing in the ass, waste of $$, time, gas, and valuable engines!....lol they are gay pieces of shit and so are the ppl who ride them

there is one goped that has a twist grip throttle and a port and polished engine its awesome.

ps...i tried to buld a moped out of my bike at 13...not a dinky little goped....lol...it worked--for a little while!

moped bicycle like.. goped skateboard like... easy enough

~tim~ Adametz /

Alan, I own a cheap($150, new) GoPed, I have had it for 2 years now and NEVER fucking crashed! Mine goes a hell of a lot faster than an '83 puch toptank, and my kinetic! (I raced, and won both races, on a fucking little scooter)! A GoPed is NOT like a skateboard AT ALL!!!!!!! It has 2 wheels, not 4! it has handlebars, and a BIG weedwhacker motor (26cc, not 21cc!) the top speed is around 32Mph (Mine has a chain, not one of those gay-ass spindles) and has air tires, not solid rubber! GOPEDS ROCK! Oh, and I have an x-can on it with a 2' pipe on the back! HELL YEAH! The thing sounds like a 70cc

kawasaki comin' down the hill! (The 2' gold chromed pipe adds a good echo and alot of base to the sound). I also retro-fitted the standard forks with runt-bike forks with SHOX! I'll post some pics tomorrow maybe! GOPEDS BEAT THE LIVING FUCK UOTA MOPEDS, when it comes to coolness!

~tim~ Adametz /

My GOPED has a removable seat with it (but it's gay as hell!)

~tim~ Adametz /

fuck you!

~tim~ Adametz /

I ride one! I'm not gay! Are you going to tell me that MPOEDs are straighter than GOPEDs?

~tim~ Adametz /

I did the same thing, the bike sucked, the goped worked (it looked more like a mini-scooter, I miss it so bad:(! I got the engine at a flea-market for a $! ($1.00)!!!!)

Who said anything about a skateboard?

Boy you need therapy bro.. you need to relax & take the criticism like an adult.

Just because you never crashed does not mean that you won't.. give it time, might be in 5 years who knows... but it will happen. Trust me on that...

I thought I was bullet proof on my moped... 3 years later boom, I broad-sided a station wagon... Moral of the story, never say never.

Alan

~tim~ Adametz /

Sorry Alan, I wasn't talking just to you (I just wanted to say that I never crashed) I'm just mad about what "Raggy" said:

""what a ficking paing in the ass, waste of $$, time, gas, and valuable engines!....lol they are gay pieces of shit and so are the ppl who ride them""

I ride mine allmost every day, I'm not gay or a piece of shit!

Fuck him! Jeez, talk about generalization! "Anyone who rids a goped is homosexual and a piece of shit"

HEY RAGGY, YOU STUPID FUCK, YOU RIDE A FUCKING MOPED! IF THAT'S NOT GAYER THAN A GOPED, WHAT IS?

*I love my moped to, I'm just trying to make a point*

Billy Ray Richter /

Boy, I wish I had just stayed stupid and never asked the question. I didn't know I would stir up that much trouble, fuss, and profanity. I'll just keep my questions to myself from now on. Sorry.

Raggy, i did that once. i bolted on a leaf blower engine on my mountain bike. i got up to 40MPH on flat ground and went great up hills. i had to bolt it on because i didn't know how to weld but man that thing was great fun. then i got a moped and dont ride it much anymore unless i want to go 40MPH.

hey brichter

Christian Poppell /

dont listen to the little kids that dont know how to act. this forum has been blessed by the few who know what theyre talking about (wayne who has one of the many flea names, don-ohio, donp, are some of names that come to mind) and it has also been cursed by some kids who think its funny to get on here and curse and talk crap so on and so fourth so you kinda have to be your own filter with some of these things. gopeds are one of the hotter topics that will get alot of people riled up, thats why this flared up. dont take it personally. ask any question youd like, hopefully someone with a brain can answer it for you.

oh yea a goped is just a kick scooter with a modifyed weed wacker engine on it. they come in all diffrent varations but thats the most common one.

a moped is a motorized bicycle basically, in most states they must have pedals and a displacement lower than 50cc. so you cant have something without pedals that is 50cc and call it a moped. however there are no-peds like a honda express and i think the suzuki (is this right) fa-50 is one too. (you can look them up under the photos section) im not going to venture into the diffrence between a noped and moped because i dont know the fine lines there so i think ill end here.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

It was begging for a bump. Lol

♣Slew Foot♣ /

GoPeds are the most dangerous two wheel vehicle there is hands down, Now the vehicle can make you look gay or cool. but even the most feared biker MoFo would look queer riding a hello kitty moped or goped w/ tassles on the bars I lost my knee to the first generation GoPed's unique clutchlessness and raw power i swear the thing would do 45-50 it was like a freaking chainsaw motor on a skateboard frame with two small lawn tires on it and a steering t bar mounted to the board scary cool, heck one of the harley guys loves the black tomos lx i ride i still don't think it looks as gay as a scooter or smart car or a prius for that matter a hello kitty pink LeCar may be pushing the envelope a little

BryAn eurism /

Those guys are the ones rocking the Truck Nuts these days

this is a goped:

this is a moped:

this is a motorized bicycle:

this is harvey bumping an 8-1/2 year old thread:

(edited)

BryAn eurism /

Aw, should have been the dunce cap

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account