Re: Avanti update

Reeperette /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ben - that usually (but not always) means the rear wheel axle and bearings need to be re-done....I do mine on occasion, and you should see how messed up they can get after about 2500 miles.

Trex - A suggestion on the tires & tubes....Cheng Shin tires are really good, but whatever brand you prefer is ok too...but here's a trick.

Go to your local walmart, in the bicycle aisle and look for BELL Self-Sealing tubes, they are technically for bicycles but they work damn well in moped tires as well - you can get em in the exact size, but they are really hard to put in that way, so I get them an inch or two larger, and they work great.

I haven't gotten a flat since I used em, save for one stupid little panelling brad I ran over and punched EIGHT holes in the tire.....Ooops....even seal seal has limits I suppose.

-Ree

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Avanti updateTopic by: trex trex 06/25/01 09:28AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 06/25/01 09:30AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: trex trex 06/25/01 09:38AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/25/01 09:42AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: XBrandon EdgeX XBrandon EdgeX 06/25/01 01:47PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: trex trex 06/25/01 01:54PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Ben Ben 06/25/01 03:04PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/25/01 03:29PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: trex trex 06/25/01 03:42PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account