Avanti update

trex /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I would like to say thanks to all for trying to help with the Avanti hesitation. I still have not figured it out and have not heard from the Techs yet. I had resigned myself that this just might be a quirk I have to live with when Thursday my rear tire went flat.

I pulled the tire and found the offending metal (looked like a shaving about an inch and a half long) sticking through and pulled it out and repaired the tube. I replaced the tire and it is holding air. However, after the repair I lost speed. I was averaging 40-42 mph, and now it maxes out at 35-37mph.

What would be the reason for the loss of speed? The only thing that was removed was the brake cable and the outside bolts of the tire. I did not touch the locking nuts (on the inside). Nothing appears to be rubbing and The wheel looks to be in align (not wobbeling). I inflated to the proper psi (as specified in the manual) Any ideas?

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Avanti updateTopic by: trex trex 06/25/01 09:28AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Jamie Leonard Jamie Leonard 06/25/01 09:30AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: trex trex 06/25/01 09:38AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/25/01 09:42AM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: XBrandon EdgeX XBrandon EdgeX 06/25/01 01:47PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: trex trex 06/25/01 01:54PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Ben Ben 06/25/01 03:04PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/25/01 03:29PM
  Re: Avanti updateRe: trex trex 06/25/01 03:42PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account