sprocket size

I am thinking about trying a smaller rear sprocket to gain some speed but im afraid my hog dosent have enough power, and it might go slower. has anybody just had a pretty much stock ped and changed your sprocket size? if you have please share your results.

Re: sprocket size

Richard Loeppky /

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Please let me know what happens.

Richkamran wrote:

>

> I am thinking about trying a smaller rear sprocket to gain

> some speed but im afraid my hog dosent have enough power, and

> it might go slower. has anybody just had a pretty much stock

> ped and changed your sprocket size? if you have please share

> your results.

Richard Loeppky /

I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Please let me know what happens.

Rich

Yes, I've done this a number of times to a variety of chain driven mopeds and motorcycles. On motorcycles it's easier to put on a larger countershaft sprocket, you don't have to remove the rear wheel. Try a smaller rear sprocet, you'll need to shorten the chain ( save the small section you remove, if it doesn't perform the way you like it, you'll have it to reinstall it ) and possibly drill holes in the rear sprocket to get it to line up with your hub. Make sure the dish of the new sprocket is the same as the old one so your chain lines up. Experiment around, if you don't like the way it pulls of the line, go to a slightly larger sprocket. Remember, if you save your old sprocket, you can always go back to the original setup.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account