Help with a Sachs

Hey...

I just got my hands on a pretty beat up Sachs and I plan on rebuilding her. I have no idea what year it is. How can I find that out??? Also I do not know what model it is. How can I find that out??? Is it wrong to assume that it is a 504 or 505??? themopedjunkyard.com 's prices are outrageous. When I start buying parts, after I find out the brand and model, does anyone know a shop with better prices??? The first thing I am going to buy is a repair manual and I want to make sure I get the right one.

I guess that is all for now, I am sure to be posting more on my rebuilding adventures.

tom@mopdarmy.com

Re: Help with a Sachs

Hi,Tom! I don't know about mopedjunkyard but MOPEDWAREHOUSE has good prices I think.I've bought 3 or 4 manuals from them.Isn't there a label on the steering post or somewhere that tells the model # ? Get your parts at HANDY BIKES (614-299-0550).Ask to talk to B.J.(Bob Jones)

Re: Help with a Sachs

Chris Robertson /

If you need a <b>lot</b> of parts sometimes it's easier to find another junker moped (compatible make and model) to donate its organs. It'll cost you less, but of course, often, this is easier said than done.

Chris.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account