Re: Moped Dreams

Wayne Broderick /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The Express died due to carb trouble. I kept trying to fix it, and in the same time frame, the electrical went. I kept popping headlights, and it kept running worse and worse.

I didn't know of the Moped Army website at that time, so I did more damage than good and had no way to fix it.

I didn't pay a whole lot for it and I got a lot of mileage. I do wish I'd kept it. I bashed it up into a more compact shape and put it at the curb in a 55 gallon trash bag.

They removed it. When the lady at the vehicle registry kept asking "what did I do with the other moped..." I didn't fess up, cause I thought I might get in trouble for violating some moped disposal ordinance.

Back to the question, a poorly running 1978 express or a new tomos 2000 model--- no contest there. I don't think you can put a bi-turbo on an express... ?!

I really like my Tomos, but I'm jealous of some of the more vintage machines. I don't like honda compared to an old motobecane. I do want a classic ped, and I'm going to get one to fix up in the off season. The honda was okay, but I really abused it.

It was a nice little bike-- would see 23 miles an hour on level ground and 30 or more down a big hill. the engine raced like a bee, very high pitched. It had a lot of plastic, so like my tomos, it was sort of cheezy. I'd love to install metal body parts on the Targa..

I need to get a second ped, so in case the piston kit messes up my bike, I have some wheels while I fix the Tomos

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Moped DreamsTopic by: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 06/20/01 08:09PM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Jeremiah Slayback Jeremiah Slayback 06/20/01 08:48PM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Ben Ben 06/20/01 11:36PM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Reeperette Reeperette 06/21/01 01:12AM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: don-ohio don-ohio 06/22/01 02:50PM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Wisky Wisky 06/25/01 03:01AM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Andrew Andrew 06/25/01 09:42PM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 06/25/01 10:04PM
  Moped DreamsRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 07/05/01 12:40AM
  Re: Moped DreamsRe: Wayne Broderick Wayne Broderick 09/13/01 01:45AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account