Why will no one help me?!

I posted a request for help and have gotten ZERO replies, while others get 3-4 within hours! Have I stumped everyone? Even Fred?

Re: Why will no one help me?!

Alright!!

The thing is.. I saw "Yamaha Champ"... and since I've never even seen one... I didn't even open your post.

It sounds like you are getting too much fuel.

OK.. first... go get another spark plug (make sure it is the correct one from the book).. and get an inline fuel filter and install it like my guide says.

Then... clean the air filter in gas like my guide says.. then take the carb apart again and check to see if the "float needle" and the hole it sits in are clean.. blow air through the hole both ways.

Make sure the float needle tip is not worn looking.

All those checks and fixes are to make sure it isn't getting too much fuel.

Then put the new spark plug in and leave the air filter off temporarily and start it and ride it and pay attention to how it is running.. run it for a half an hour and check the plug color and report back what you find.

(if you live on a dusty dirt road... make sure that dust isn't going into the carb.. if it is.. you should put the air filter on for the test)

Try all that.

Reeperette /

I know a teensy bit about em, but only that...so I didn't say nothin either.

But when you fiddle with the carb, tell me what kind it is (Gurtner, Mikuni, DelLorta, Bing, Encarwi...etc) and I can prolly tell you more.

It sounds like a clog somewhere in there, or a stuck float, missing jet...coupla things...follow Freds advice for starters, and then if you still have a prob come back and make sure to lemme know what kinda carb is on it....and I shall see if we can get into more detail.

-Ree

No Euro carbs on a Jap bike

Only one of those carbs you asked about is made in Japan.. and that is all the Jap's ever use... So Mikuni it is.. Keihin (Jap also) is found on Honda's mostly.

99.99999999% chance that any 2 stroke Yamaha will have a Mikuni.

4 stroke Yam's might have a Mikuni or a Keihin or a TeiKei.

Re: No Euro carbs on a Jap bike

Reeperette /

Oh....well, that's good to know....I know a lil bit about Mikuni Carbs...and can find parts for em if need be.

I shall make a note....although I have seen euro carbs on jap bikes, as an aftermarket modification.

-Ree

Could it be the CDI or the coil/plug wire (both in one piece) ?

Before you ask that... did you follow my instructions above?

What happened?

Ron Brown /

Josh,

You are making life difficult here. You whine because no one helped you and you do it in a brand new thread so we have to search for your original question.

Fred and Ree were nice enough to do that. They did not even just tell you to follow Fred's guide "How to fix your moped" which you could read for your self instead of whining. They seemed like good answers to me so I ignored your post.

Now, with no indication that you have followed thier advice, you want to know if it could be the cdi or plug wire/cap. I am not going to bother searching for your original post to re-examine your symptoms. If your ped does not run and you have a cdi, it could be broken. You could also have a bad plug, wire, cap, bad gas, no gas, gas turned off, ignition turned off, even your Fung Shwe (sp) could be off.

Ask rational questions, respond rationally to the replies and you will get all the help you need.

Ron

Ron Brown /

Fred,

You could have saved me so much typing! :)

Ron

gimmiejimmie /

better cut back on the coffee Ron...or tea.

boat guy

Ron..... Just so you know.. the boat repair guy appears to have gone on vacation.. I talked to somebody else who had been trying to get ahold of him for 2 weeks with no luck.

Did you go to Grattan?

Been there before?

Does BiTurbo make a faster Fung Shwe ??

gimmiejimmie /

Fred, will it fit in the mayo jar?

Jokes are always fun and helpful.

No... But did you know if you hold the mayo jar up to your ear

.. you can hear the ocean ?!?

But if you hold the BiTurbo up to your ear... you just get a black ear.

Ron Brown /

OK guys, I'm going to have my Fung Shwe adjusted. Maybe I'll get an extra Mayo jar full.

Ron

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account