Yamaha Champ Help!

josh /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Please HELP!!! I recently acquired a 1980 Yamaha Champ 50cc with 4,000mi (very similar to QT50). After a day of draining fuel and cleaning out my first carburetor and getting a new plug (or 4) it ran good and strong for ONE WHOLE DAY! Then out of nowhere SPUT! It died and I had to push it home (quite far). It seemed to have fouled the plug again, looks like it runs too rich, but upon switching and kickstarting my ass off till I cant walk nothing but a little sputter. But now absolutely nothing. There is spark when I test on outside of block, gas, oil (though not certain if oil injection works) and air! Compression also seems as strong as it was the day it ran, but the only test I can do is the finger over the hole and pop it out. I even tried spraying either carb cleaner and starting fluid in both intake and cylinder only to get NOTHING, almost as if there is no spark but there IS! I can see black crap on the cylinder when I pop out the spark plug but again it was there when it ran too. Why all of the sudden did it die, then give me a few sputters and now NOTHING?!? Please help me Im going nuts, I just wanna ride!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Yamaha Champ Help!Topic by: josh josh 06/19/01 02:27AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ Help!Re: don-ohio don-ohio 06/22/01 09:07AM
  Re: Yamaha Champ Help!Re: josh josh 06/22/01 06:59PM
  Re: Yamaha Champ Help!Re: don-ohio don-ohio 06/22/01 07:41PM
  Re: Yamaha Champ Help!Re: Ron Brown Ron Brown 06/22/01 09:34PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account