Re: big borein'!!!

mike /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

well i found my popping problem... the head wasnt tightened all the way down so my compression was leaking. so i got a new nut(the other was a striped nut not a stud) got it running around and i noticed that when ill go down a hill and ill give off the gas and every so often i can here the piston smacking in the cylinder. i dont know if it is a back fire or what but its not hitting the head cause i looked at the top of the piston and there was no dent. and another thing at the bi-turbo header piece should there be oil dripping on it and burning into a redish orange color. i think my base gasket may be dead casue it was torn a little bit when i got it and then when i was putting it in it ripped the rest of the way so i took hi-tack and sprayed that on it and it seemed ok but now there is oil and such all aroung the base of the cylinder. so ill get a new one. and the bi-turbo: im getting it welded. if the pipe is the whole way tightened should oil leak from the seal up at the cylinder? well ree...thanks for all your help and the help of everone else at this forum. it has been a great help.

-mike

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  big borein'!!!Topic by: mike mike 06/17/01 12:18AM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 06/17/01 05:57PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: mike mike 06/17/01 10:10PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: mike mike 06/17/01 10:13PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Daniel Tisone Daniel Tisone 06/17/01 11:33PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Ataristyle Ataristyle 06/18/01 02:15PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: mike mike 06/18/01 11:23PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Reeperette Reeperette 06/25/01 01:41PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: XBrandon EdgeX XBrandon EdgeX 06/25/01 02:08PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Dan Tisone Dan Tisone 06/25/01 04:32PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Roberto Roberto 06/18/01 05:29PM
  Re: big borein'!!!Re: Dan Tisone Dan Tisone 06/25/01 04:33PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account