big borein'!!!

hey all,

i judt got my 70cc kit today. boy i love it! i was getting to thinking about cops and all and i thought that usually cops can tell that u got a kit because the cylinder is silver instead of black. so i went to the local track auto and got some high temp oven paint. and i painted it black. actually i think it looks better that way.well it was fairly easy to put in exept a couple things: one the biturbo wont stop twisting side ways no matter how much i tighten that dumb clamp(i might go and weld it). 2 the bi-turbo header piece is in the way of tightening up the nut on one side and i tried everything to get to it. anyone got any ideas on that one? and also i got it started...took awile. and when i did get it going it sounded wierd cause the pipe was loose and when ever i would give it more gas it would just kinda like bog and pop at the same time.i am sure it is the pipe becasue i can feel lots of exaust leaking from there. well if anyone can gimme any sugestions for the pipe i would greatly apreciate it.

-mike

Re: big borein'!!!

Reeperette /

Weld it...everyone I know with a BT two piece hadda weld the damn thing.

Save yerself the headache...have it welded instead of tryin knucklebusting hassles first.

-Ree

well i found my popping problem... the head wasnt tightened all the way down so my compression was leaking. so i got a new nut(the other was a striped nut not a stud) got it running around and i noticed that when ill go down a hill and ill give off the gas and every so often i can here the piston smacking in the cylinder. i dont know if it is a back fire or what but its not hitting the head cause i looked at the top of the piston and there was no dent. and another thing at the bi-turbo header piece should there be oil dripping on it and burning into a redish orange color. i think my base gasket may be dead casue it was torn a little bit when i got it and then when i was putting it in it ripped the rest of the way so i took hi-tack and sprayed that on it and it seemed ok but now there is oil and such all aroung the base of the cylinder. so ill get a new one. and the bi-turbo: im getting it welded. if the pipe is the whole way tightened should oil leak from the seal up at the cylinder? well ree...thanks for all your help and the help of everone else at this forum. it has been a great help.

-mike

oh and btw the smacking sound i hear cna be done if i turn off the swithc to kill it then i give it gas(theres no spark so no go) but it back fires a little and pops so maybe the sound is a small back fire?

Daniel Tisone /

Mike, what the fuck is wrong with it now? I didn't see anything wrong with it when you were riding today.....PS tomorrow are you comming with me to get the Motorcycles and I heard you or maybe it was anthony come by yesterday I was at davids and didn't leave for a while well I gotta jet Later man

Ataristyle /

I would like to get a 70cc engine upgrade for my Tomos if I can find a used engine for <$100 that is an A35(A5). I rather ruin that engine than my own if it does get ruined. Have you ever gone past those things on the side of the road that measure you speed or ever have someone drive next to you with the 70cc kit on your bike? I'm curious how fast you're going(realistically). I would think its about 50. Thanks.

Mike,

You need to advance the timing when putting on a large bore kit. It should have instructions on what the timing should be (something around 2 degrees advanced I imagine). Also, I would NEVER trust the timing marks on the stator. They are rarely correct. Do it yourself to make sure. The timing not being correct will make your engine backfire and you run the possibility of blowing a hole in the piston. Tootaloo.

well at half throttle i blow my friends targa that does 40. my bicycle spedo is in disrepair right now so im not sure how fast im going.. im still breaking it in. ive flored it a couple times and if literally jerks u and pushes u pack as it accelerates. but ill ahve more info once i hit 200 miles.

Reeperette /

Hey michael, are you the one the one with the green targa with a 70cc kit on it? wow your gay stop comming to this site and taking up the forum search engine. DAMNIT get a life FAGOT

XBrandon EdgeX /

Let's see... different writing style, different (and very detailed) IP address, and the wrong e-mail address. Now, it doesn't take a genius to post under someone else's name, but it doesn't help to be a COMPLETE fucking idiot. Dipshit.

Oh, and "taking up the forum search engine"? How do you do that? I use the search engine every once in awhile, and he's never using all of the power it takes to perform a search.

Dan Tisone /

HAHA FUCK YOU XBrandon EdgeX...you dumb basterd

Dan Tisone /

wow....your gay

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account